However, even under the best conditions, our mouths continue filled with bacteria. This is why it is important to listen to the warnings of your dentist in order to be sure that this bacteria remains harmless and that your defenses remain intact. The warnings we’re talking about are the reminders we give patients regarding brushing and flossing, while also watching daily sugar intake.
We recommend creating the following habits if they aren’t already a part of your lifestyle:
- Brush and floss regularly, and be certain to change your toothbrush every 3 to 4 months or sooner if you see that the bristles start to wear.
- Schedule routine dental checkups at least twice a year. Be sure to keep these appointments.
- Be aware of what you eat, avoid sweets and foods containing acids.
- Make antioxidants like green tea, pomegranates, blueberries and raw cranberries a part of your diet. These are excellent for your dental health and overall health.
- If you experience any pain or signs of disease, contact your dentist immediately. As with any illness, catching it early is always better.
Vasag Bouzoghlanian, DDS
1060 E. Green St, Suite 203. Pasadena, CA 91106
Phone: (626) 577-2017
Fax: (626) 577-2003