The Pilgrims and Native Americans found creative ways to keep their teeth healthy. Fortunately, keeping your teeth clean and healthy is a much easier task nowadays. Our suggestions:
- Watch out for the Turkey bones! Use care when feasting on the holiday turkey. Tooth damage can occur by accidentally biting into the small bones.
- Remember to brush twice daily and floss daily. During the holiday time, schedules can get busy, but be sure to keep up with your home care. Your teeth and gums will thank you!
- Cranberries help protect your teeth against decay! Including them with your Thanksgiving feast is a good idea.
- Take your toothbrush with you wherever you go: Don’t forget your floss, toothbrush, and toothpaste! A lot of people forget to pack them for trips during the busy holiday season. But they’re very important if you want to keep your teeth clean and healthy. If you can’t access a toothbrush, rinse your mouth with water after you eat to help remove food debris and acid.
- See your dentist soon after thanksgiving: Seeing your dentist before you have a problem keeps your dental bill as low as possible.
Vasag Bouzoghlanian, DDS
1060 E. Green St, Suite 203. Pasadena, CA 91106
Phone: (626) 577-2017
Fax: (626) 577-2003